Aegis Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aegis Alliance

This is the forum for the Aegis Alliance

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Constitution

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Tebogo
Citizen
King Tebogo

Constitution Empty
PostSubject: Constitution   Constitution Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:46 am

I need suggestion on how to create a working constitution.I have studied some constitution of past countries but non of them don't suite my micronation,so please give me suggestion or links,and it must be a constitutional monarchy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.royalaquilean.webnode.com
Son III
Secetary State
Son III

Constitution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Constitution   Constitution Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:30 am

It all depends on the branches of government and their duties, as the constitution creates the government, not the other way around.

Have your priorities for goals and principals in mind and stick to them; what is the purpose of the government you are creating, upholding citizens' rights, the continuity of the state, affluent oligarchy, benevolent dictatorship, what? You must stick to your goal.

For a micronation, citizens most usually will already have a governmental position with little to no actual enterprise taking place in an almost non-existent market, so you might be going for a more Statist form of government.

I would suggest studying the ideologies of Alexander Hamilton, who was an interesting mix of freedom and monarchy in his opinions during the American Revolution. (He favored having a U.S. king instead of President.)

Remember, in constitutions, articles present a new idea, sections present thoughts about that idea. Don't use a micronational constitution as a template, because most of them don't know jack about constitutions. The U.S. Constitution has long been held as a particularly good constitution in form and content, so give that a quick read, and pay attention to the style.

Important subjects to cover: the branches and duties of the offices of government, how those offices are filled, and why they are needed; how much authority the constitution has and under what circumstances it may be upheld, amended or overruled (if at all); finances and how they are accrued and/or used; list all services to performed for citizens, but specify why and how they are executed and financed.

Most of all, remember that your government, unless specifically stated otherwise, must do everything according to the constitution, that's why it's there. The U.S. forgot that rule, and now they're trillions in debt, thousands of lives lost in wars, worthless currency, and millions of citizens overwhelmed by bad laws and outrageous cost of living.

Don't let unconstitutionality happen to you!
Back to top Go down
http://nottalottan-blog.blogspot.com

Constitution
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aegis Alliance :: Unrelated-
Jump to: